close

1. come up with (v.)想出;趕上
 

The CEO decided to hold a brainstorming session to come up with an effective recruiting campaign. 
執行長決定舉辦一個動腦會議,想出一個有效徵員的宣傳活動。
Wendy knew that she would have to come up with a good reason for missing her job interview.
溫蒂知道她得想出個好理由解釋為什麼錯過了求職面試。


2. commensurate (adj.) 同量的;相稱的

In most cases, the salary offered for a given job is commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. 
大多數的情況,工作的薪水會與應徵者的資歷與經歷符合。
The number of paid vacation days allotted to each employee is commensurate with the number of weeks they have worked. 
每個員工可獲得的薪休假日數與他們實際的工作週數相符。


3. compatible (adj.)相容的;可共處的


My new computer is not compatible with my old printer.
我的新電腦無法與我就印表機相容。
I need to find a keyboard that is compatible with my old operating system.
我需要找一個可以與我現有的操作系統相容的鍵盤。


4. compensate (v.)報酬;補償


Don’t try to compensate for your lack of diligence by bringing gifts to your boss.
不要試圖送禮給老闆來彌補你欠缺的努力。
You will be compensated for your personal expenses at the end of the month
這個月底會支付你個人的花費。


5. conduct (n.)行為;品行 / (v.)帶領;實施;表現


The bus driver was fired for inappropriate conduct and lewd behavior.
公車司機因不當的行為與猥褻的舉止被開除。
Please conduct yourselves accordingly when clients are touring the facility.
客戶在參觀設施時,請適當的表現。


6. confidence (n.)自信;信心

 

You must always try to answer the interviewer’s questions with confidence and honesty.
你必須保持自信且誠信地回答面試者的問題。
During the interview, the interviewer will be attempting to assess the candidate’s level of confidence.
面試時,面試者會試著評估應徵者的自信程度。


7. constantly (adv.)不斷地;時常地


That company is constantly advertising for new employees. They have a very high turnover rate.
那間公司時常在刊登徵人廣告,他們的流動率很高。
Elliot checked his phone constantly to see if anyone was calling him for an interview.
艾略特不斷地檢查電話查看是否有人打電話來要他去面試。


8. contribute (v.)貢獻;捐助


We ask that each staff member contribute few dollars per month to the coffee fund.
我們要求每個員工每個月捐獻一些錢當作咖啡基金。
The president is most appreciative of everyone who contributed to the success of this project.
董事長非常感謝每一個對此項計畫成功有貢獻的人。


9. courier (n.)信差;快遞員


The letter will be delivered to your office this afternoon by courier.
快遞會在今天下午將信送到你的辦公室。
The courier service promises to deliver the package by 9 a.m. tomorrow.
快遞服務承諾會在明天早上九點前將包裹送達。


10. disk (n.) 磁碟片


The disk had been corrupted and was no longer useful.
這張磁碟片受損了,再也不能用了。
The disk was stuck in the drive and the computer was frozen.
磁片卡在軟碟槽中,結果電腦當機了。


11. display (v.)顯示;展示 / (n.)展覽;陳列


The monitor will display the correct time in the lower-right-hand corner.
螢幕的右下角會顯示正確的時間。
When my computer is running on battery power, the monitor display isn’t bright enough.
當我的電腦是使用電池供電的時候,螢幕的顯示會不夠亮。


12. duplicate (v.)使加倍;複製 / (n.)副本


Before photocopiers, secretaries used to use carbon paper to duplicate documents.
在有影印機前,秘書會用複寫紙複寫文件。
I need an exact duplicate of the original to be signed by the client.
我需要一份正確的副本讓客戶簽名。


13. durable (adj.)持久的;耐用的


Leather office chairs are far more durable than plastic ones.
皮革的辦公椅遠比數膠椅持久耐用。
All our laptop computers come with a durable vinyl carrying case.
我們所有的筆記型電腦都附有一個耐用的聚氯乙烯手提箱。


14. eligible (adj.)有資格當選的,法律上合格的


With your five year’s of service, you will be eligible for three week’s paid vacation this year.
以你五年的年資,你今年有三週的給薪年假。
ible for a twenty percent discount on any of our products.
身為本公司員工,你有資格以八折價購買任何產品。


15. expert (n.)專家


The manager has decided that we require the services of an expert in finance to sort our account.
經理已經決定我們需要一個財務專家來解決我們的帳目問題。
Donna was hired by the film due to the fact that she was an expert in contract law
這家公司雇用唐娜因為他是合約法的專家。


16. expose (v.)接觸到;曝光

The annual trade show will expose new sales consultants to the industry.
在年度商展上將會讓新銷售顧問認識到該產業。
The CEO likes the new trainees to be exposed to as many different customer-service situations as possible.
執行長想要新的受訓者儘可能接觸到各種不同的客服狀況。


17. express (adj.) 快遞的;高速的


We sent the parcel via express mail. You should receive it this week.
那個包裹我們是用快遞郵寄。這週你應該就可以收到。
The express train is thirty minutes faster than the commuter train.
高速火車比通勤火車快三十分鐘。


18. facilitate (v.)使容易;促進;幫助


In order to facilitate operations, we will be hiring more staff.
為使運作更為順暢,我們會雇用更多員工。
The manager attempted to facilitate the registration process by putting more clerks on the desk.
經理指派了更多的辦事員參與,試圖使登記流程更為順暢。


19. failure (n.)失敗;疏忽;故障


Your failure to save your documents before the power outage resulted in a waste of time and money. 
你在電力中斷前有沒有儲存文件,結果就是浪費時間與金錢。
We are currently experiencing an operational systems failure with our recording equipment.
現在我們的錄音設備運作系統故障。


20. figure out (v.)理解;解決

If keep searching through the operator’s manual, I am confident I will figure out the problem with our computer. 
如果我搜尋使用者手冊,我有信心我會解決我們電腦的問題。
We need to figure out how that hacker got into our web site so we can block him from doing it again. 
我們得找出那個駭客是如何進入我們的網站,才可以阻擋他再度入侵。


21. follow up (v.) (把….)進行到底;堅持完成 / follow–up (n.)後續行動

Don’t forget to follow up with the employer one week after your interview. 
別忘了在面試後一週再度聯絡雇主。
It is appropriate to e-mail or call your interviewer one week after meeting as a follow-up. 
適合的做法是在會面一週後再寫電子郵件或是打電話給面試者做追蹤。


22. glimpse (n.)瞥見;一瞥

The company web site affords consumers a glimpse at the operations of Microtech.
公司的網站提供消費者一探微科的運作。
Silvia caught a glimpse of the elusive owner of the company as he disappeared into his sleek automobile.
席維雅在公司那個難以捉摸的老闆坐進他那輛豪華的汽車前見到了他的身影。

 

96982473.jpg

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Zeus 的頭像
    Zeus

    Zeús

    Zeus 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()